Core Values answer the question, "What directs the organization in what it does? These values articulate what MOSAIC will stand for, and what MOSAIC will ultimately do. MOSAIC's culture is built upon the application of the following biblical principles.
To know God (Faith) Psalm 42:1-4
- Truth (Be truthful)
- Relationship (Grow in the likeness of Christ, John 3:1-8) Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5 NKJV)
We believe the only possible way to live the Christian life is by God's power within us. So we seek to practice a daily dependence on God's Spirit to enable us to do what is right. (Philippians 2:13; Ephesians 5:18)
Discipleship (Give your life away...) It is the responsibility of every Christian to share the Good News with those whom God allows to cross our path. We practice sharing about Christ with our words and our life. Our lives act as the attraction and means of building genuine relationships through which we earn the right to share the love, mercy, forgiveness, hope, and salvation of Christ.
To Serve Humanity (Hope)
- Missional/Commissioned (Jeremiah 1:4-10; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8, 8:1-8, Acts 2; Acts 8:26-40; Galatians 1:15; Luke 4:14-21)
- Innovative (Born out of the heart of a Creative God... Genesis 1, Acts 2)
To Love People (Love) Jn 13:34-35, 1 Jn 4:7-21
- Community (Everyone belongs... John 4; 1 Peter 2:9)
- Connection (Everyone matters... 1 Corinthians 12; John 15:1-17; Romans 11, Matthew 9:14-17, Romans 12:3-8, John 15:2, Jeremiah 31:31, 2 Corinthians 3)
- Context (Love must be the basis for all ministry, inside or outside the walls of the church. 1 Corinthians 13:1-7,13)
- MOSAIC must point people to the Holiness of God
MOSAIC’s greatest obligation is pointing people to the holiness of God. MOSAIC communicates the pursuing of God as the priority. Holiness can be defined as sanctity or purity. Holiness is about being, not doing. It is about creating a culture of righteousness by believing God and His Word. Genuine believers realize that they must first “Be” what they so desperately long for others to become.
Peter said, “But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God, who chose you to be his children, is holy. For he himself has said, ‘You must be holy because I am holy’” (I Peter 1:15, 16).
It is a reverent fear of the Lord. “Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed” (Revelations 15:4).
- MOSAIC must emphasize that Only Christ Can Change a life for a Lifetime
MOSAIC’s deepest conviction is that only Christ can change a life for a lifetime. MOSAIC must do whatever it can to earn the right to point people to Christ. It’s not about the conversion but about the conversation – God is always at work, the believer just needs to know how and where to look. There are two truths in this value.
- First, only Christ can change a life through His finished work on the cross. Paul said, “And it is this Good News that saves you if you firmly believe it…” (1 Cor. 15:2). “God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God” (Ephesians 2:8).
- Second, believers have the responsibility of sharing the Good News for transformation to occur. Again, Paul said, “But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?” (Romans 10:14). The point is, MOSAIC must be willing to do whatever it takes to have the opportunity to point people to the only one that can change their lives for a lifetime.
- MOSAIC is committed to living for God’s Kingdom
MOSAIC exists for the realization of God’s Kingdom, not for building it’s own castle. MOSAIC will seek to converge upon the community with God’s Good News. MOSAIC will encourage disciples to surrender to biblical standards in all areas of life, regardless of the Church a person attends.
Paul said, “But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior” (Philippians 3:20).
- MOSAIC will promote God’s Mission for People
MOSAIC’s practice is to promote God’s Mission for people’s lives. MOSAIC will mentor, disciple, and counsel others in the gifting given to each individual and seek God’s, not MOSAIC’s, will for him or her. (1 Corinthians 12:7, Ephesians 4:11-12) MOSAIC has the responsibility of preparing people for the work of the ministry; however, it cannot assume the role of God in people’s lives. It is God who works His will in the lives of people according to His purpose.
Paul said, “So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what He wants to do in your lives and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom” (Colossians 1:9).
Paul makes it clear that it is not MOSAIC’s responsibility to tell people what it wants but to recognize that God has created each individual uniquely and purposefully.
- About God - God is the creator, sustainer and ruler of the universe and the only one worthy of worship. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, who is in control of all things; the Son, who has always dealt with man; and the Holy Spirit, who has always been the operational force of God. These three are co-equal and are one God.(Genesis 1:1, 26-27, 3:21; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14)
- About Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ was virgin born and is the only begotten Son of God. He is co-equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was God incarnate, lived a sinless human life, and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He rose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. MOSAIC recognizes Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life and the only possible means of gaining heaven. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5, 14:6, 10-30; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; I Corinthians 15:3-4;Titus 2:13; I Timothy 6:14-15; Hebrews 4:14-15)
- About the Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is co-equal with God the Father and God the Son. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He is the guarantee of our inheritance and the seed of our redemption. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under his control daily. (II Corinthians 3:17; Ephesians 1:13; John 16:7-13, 14:16-17; Galatians 5:25; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 5:18)
- About the Holy Bible – The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the sole source of truth for Christian belief and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without error. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21; II Timothy 1:13-14; Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5)
- About Human Beings – People are made in the image of God. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for God, all of us are marred by an attitude and act of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude and act separates people from God and is the cause for the many problems in life. (Genesis 1:27, 3:6, 24; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a, 59:1-2; Romans 3:10-19, 23)
- About Our Salvation – Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1)
- About Eternal Security – Because God gives eternal life through Jesus Christ, a true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose” it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. (John 10:29-30; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10-14; I Peter 1:3-5)
- About Eternity – People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. (Matthew 24:4-44; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; I John 2:25, 5:11-13; Revelation 20:15)
- About Creation – Genesis 1 and 2 record the literal story of the creation of the world. Man was created in God’s image. It was not a matter of evolution. God created all that is in the world in six days. (Genesis 1, 2; John 1:3; Hebrews 11:3; Revelation 10:8)
Beliefs are not worth much unless they translate into actions. You can say that you believe something and do nothing about it; or you can demonstrate your beliefs by your actions. The following principles measure a disciple’s sincerity and willingness to follow Christ and be in covenant with MOSAIC.
- Following Jesus is simply the authentic daily practice of loving God with all our being and loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- Following Jesus extends to every aspect and activity of the believer’s life, where his deeds (thoughts, words, actions) always glorify God.
- Following Jesus includes focusing our time, energy, and resources on recognizing and joining the movements of God.
- Authentic ministry is loving people in practical ways by serving, doing good works, experiencing God’s grace, showing mercy, accepting and healing, and by equipping people to do the same.
- Authentic ministry is people-based, empowering, entrepreneurial, prefers freedom rather than control; risk, rather than safety; individuality and diversity, rather than sameness.
- Authentic ministry enthusiastically embraces the changing of methods, structures, and language in order to connect with, and positively influence the culture, from inside the Church, to our neighbors, to our communities, to even those around the world.
- Authentic community happens best in the context of Doing-Life-Together in groups that are small enough for each person to be known, loved, and celebrated.
- Authentic community welcomes all people at every level of faith or doubt into genuine relationship, loving them to Christ.
- Authentic discipleship happens best in the context of Doing-Life-Together – loving and living with people while helping them move positively toward God. It is more than merely covering curriculum or completing a Church program. It is earning the right, by our deeds, to be worth following.
- Leaders are servants who influence, encourage, equip, and empower God’s people to use their passions and gifts to serve God and others. They are continually challenged to develop their unique gifts, a servant’s heart, practical leadership and ministry skills. They are characterized as those who live a life of passion and integrity, and a deep abiding relationship with God.